Eating a snack during the day is important for keeping yourself satisfied and preventing excessive hunger. Snacks are also great for before or after a long run or intense workout. A nutritious snack provides carbohydrate, protein, healthy fats, and fiber. Foods like granola bars or nut bars are great snacks you can pack with you for a long day and grab on-the-go.
Below is a recipe for banana nut oat bars, made with bananas and dates for natural sweetness; walnuts for omega-3 fats; oats for fiber, and these bars also have 4 grams of protein per serving. These bars can be portioned out for your busy week ahead. Never go without a mid-day snack again! Try these energy packed banana nut oat bars.
Banana Nut Oat Bars
Makes 12 servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Bananas, overripe
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil, melted
- 2 Cups Oats, old fashioned
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees. Line an 8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a blender mix bananas, dates, and coconut oil until well blended; set aside. In a large bowl, combine oats, baking soda, cinnamon, walnuts, and sea salt.
3. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and combine.
4. Firmly press oat mixture into lined loaf pan.
5. Bake on center rack for 30 minutes.
6. Allow pan to cool prior to cutting bars.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
209 calories, 4 grams protein, 23 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 199 mg sodium, 12 grams total fat, 5 grams saturated fat