Barbecue season is in full swing! Look no further than these Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Tostadas to satisfy the entire crowd. High in protein, gluten-free, and lower in calories than many other traditional BBQ dishes – these tostadas are sure to be a big hit!
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Tostadas
Serves: 4 servings
- 16 ounces frozen (or fresh) chicken breast
- ½ cup Trader Joe’s Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce, divided
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ can pinto beans, drained and pureed (or refried beans)
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place chicken and ¼ cup BBQ sauce in the crockpot and cook on low for at least 4 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken breast from crockpot and shred.
- Stir in remaining ¼ cup BBQ sauce; set aside and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place corn tortillas on baking sheet and coat with cooking spray; bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pureed pinto beans or refried beans on each tortilla; top with pulled chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion and cheddar cheese.
- Lightly drizzle BBQ sauce over each tostada. Dig in!
Nutritional Information:Serving size: 2 tostadas Calories: 314 Fat: 5g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 32g Sugar: 9g Sodium: 495mgFiber: 5g Protein: 33g Cholesterol: 74mg