Living in Florida, who could resist eating oranges and drinking Florida Orange Juice? I can’t! Plus, it’s National OJ Day! If you’re a lover of 100% orange juice like me, cheers! If you don’t drink Florida OJ regularly, read on to learn more about why you should consider pouring some Florida OJ goodness every day.
My kids LOVE smoothies, and I like to use 100% orange juice as the liquid base with fresh or frozen fruit, a scoop protein powder, and ice. Smoothies are a refreshing treat for them right after a practice or game in their multiple sports, or for a liquid breakfast in the car on the way to school. In fact, this picture is from post-soccer game today!
We have a nice cold glass of Florida OJ for breakfast like many Americans, and often use it in recipes. You’d be surprised how many foods are made better with a little Florida OJ. We eat a ton of salmon and love to marinade it in Florida OJ.
I’ve partnered with Florida OJ because I love it and it has the “Amazing 5:”
- Vitamin C: An antioxidant vitamin important for wound healing, your immune system, healthy gums, and more.
- Potassium: An electrolyte that helps keep your heart pumping and your muscles contracting.
- Folate: Supports our red blood cells and important for cell division, especially when pregnant.
- No Added Sugar: All of the sugar in OJ is come by naturally from the sweet oranges it is squeezed from
- Tastes GREAT!: Sweet and delish!
Another nutrient you may not have heard of is called Hesperidin. It’s an antioxidant similar to those in chocolate or red wine, but it’s naturally found in Florida Orange Juice. It’s good for your heart, brain, bones, and lungs!
One serving is an 8 oz glass of Florida OJ for adults, and 4-6 oz for kids, depending on their age. With only 120 calories in 8 oz, it’s a nutritional bargain for the key nutrients that’s packed in.
Cheers to National OJ Day, May 4th! Go to @OJfromFlorida on Twitter (#OJselfie posts are encouraged), www.facebook.com/FloridaOrangeJuice on Facebook and on Instagram @floridaorangejuice. Share a post about how you are enjoying Florida OJ this National OJ Day.