That’s right – chocolate at breakfast! These oats are made using cottage cheese and chia seeds to provide a boost of protein and fiber. A high-protein breakfast will keep you fill and fueled throughout the morning, preventing mid-day snacking or mindless eating. Protein has never tasted so sweet!
Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats
Serving size: ½ of recipe
- ⅔ cups “quick cooking” steel cut oats
- 1 ripe banana, smashed
- ⅔ cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon unsweetened vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a large mason jar; tighten the lid.
- Shake it up; place in fridge overnight, or at least 8 hours.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 375 Fat: 9g Saturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 55g Sugar: 15g Sodium: 358mg Fiber: 8g Protein: 22g Cholesterol: 16mg