Making good use of seasonal fruits and vegetables is the perfect way to keep your kitchen fresh year-round. The summer ushers in a season of sunshine and the freshest berries – including my favorite, blueberries! These Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins with Oatmeal Streusel are a healthy twist on a breakfast classic. They are packed with fresh blueberries and cottage cheese for a protein-filled breakfast option!
Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins with Oatmeal Streusel
Serves: 12 muffins
- ¾ cup 2% cottage cheese
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Add muffin liners to 12 count muffin sheet.
- Blend cottage cheese and sugar in a blender.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, and baking soda and blend until smooth.
- Add flour to cottage cheese mixture and mix just until incorporated.
- Fold in blueberries.
- In small bowl, combine ingredients for streusel topping to form a crumbly mixture.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin cups and top with streusel topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of the muffin is clean.
- Allow to cool completely.